(HealthyResearch.com) – We confess: When one of our favorite celebrities recommends a new diet, we can’t resist learning the weight loss details.
Fortunately for those who share this passion, there’s no shortage of star-studded diets. Most VIPs seem happy to hype their weight loss success.
Considering trying a diet recommended by a Hollywood celeb? Whether you want a body like Jennifer Aniston or a booty like Beyoncé, we’ve got the skinny on the most popular celebrity diets below.
- Paleo Celebrities: Jessica Biel, Blake Lively, Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, and Kanye West.
- What’s on the Paleo Menu? Vegetables, seafood, fruit, animal protein, coconut oil, nuts, and seeds
- Pros: In clinical trials, obese and overweight women lost an average of 9.0 percent after six months and 10.6 percent after one year.
- Cons: The limited food plan (no dairy or wheat) may make the Paleo plan challenging to follow long-term.
- Plant-Based Celebrities: Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, Venus Williams, Simon Cowell, Steve Harvey, and Miley Cyrus.
- What’s on the Plant-based Menu? Vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, olive oil, beans, and whole grains. Some plant-based dieters also consume limited servings of dairy.
- Pros: Researchers have found that plant-based diets may lower the risk of heart disease by 40% and type 2 diabetes by 50%.
- Cons: Plant-based diets require planning to ensure we are getting enough protein, calcium, B12, and iron.
- Intermittent Fasting Celebrities: Jennifer Aniston, Chris Pratt, Kourtney Kardashian, Kate Walsh, and Jimmy Kimmel.
- What’s on the Intermittent Fasting Menu? Intermittent Fasting (IF) is about when you eat rather than what you eat. IF plans vary. Some approaches alternate fast days with feast days. Other intermittent fasting diets specify a 12 to 16-hour “window” in which to fast, such as 8 pm to 8 am, allowing you to eat the rest of the time.
- Pros: Research indicates that following an intermittent fasting plan that limits nighttime eating may boost weight loss and improve overall health.
- Cons: Alternating fasting and feasting may lead to overeating on “feast” days. If you are on any medications or have any health conditions, check with your doctor before beginning any type of fast.
- 80/20 Celebrities: Kelly Rowland, Kate Upton, Miranda Kerr, Jillian Michaels, and Jessica Alba.
- What’s on the 80/20 Menu? The 80/20 diet involves eating healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and lean protein 80% of the time. That approach allows 20% of our meals to consist of treats, such as a glass of wine or a slice of cake.
- Pros: This diet allows us to avoid feeling deprived and is easy to follow.
- Cons: If we do best with a diet that features strict rules, we may face challenges using this relaxed approach to weight loss.
- Ketogenic Celebrities: Gwyneth Paltrow, Kim Kardashian, Halle Berry, Lebron James, and Megan Fox.
- What’s on the Ketogenic Menu? This low-carb diet consists of 75% high-fat foods like avocado, 20% protein-rich foods like chicken, and 5% carbohydrates like vegetables.
- Pros: Research indicates that ketogenic diets may reduce hunger while boosting weight loss.
- Cons: Cutting carbohydrates may cause some ketogenic dieters to experience what’s known as “keto flu.” Symptoms include constipation, nausea, fatigue, vertigo, and headaches. The Keto Diet has also been linked to serious health risks, including heart problems and insulin resistance. Before beginning this diet, be sure to talk to your doctor to make sure it’s a good fit for you.
Although celebrities may describe their favorite diet as quick and effective, our bodies vary in terms of metabolism. Ultimately, the best diet is a realistic, healthy approach that contains foods we enjoy. As always, talk with your healthcare team before starting any new diet.
~Here’s to Your Health & Safety!
Copyright 2021, HealthyResearch.com